Thursday, September 10, 2015

Holiday Mini Preview Class

Christmas is almost here!  Oh, wait, maybe not....  But sometimes it sure feels that way!  I love when the new Holiday Mini catalog from Stampin' Up! comes out, because then I can get started on my fall and winter crafting.  Just looking through the pages of the catalog gives me inspiration and boosts my mood for the coming months.



This year, the catalog runs from September 1, 2015-January 4, 2016.  If you haven't seen a copy yet, head online to: stampinup.net.  Scroll down to the menu at the bottom, and select "catalogs".  Instant gratification.  If you want a copy of your own to hold in your hot little hands, send me an email or give me a call, and I'll get one to you.

~~~~~~~~~

On to the subject of this blog posting: today's class!

Want to see some of the stamp sets, framelits, embossing folders, and more from the new Holiday Mini Catalog before you purchase?  Well, here's your chance!  Tonight, I'm hosting a Holiday Mini Class, where we will make 3 unique projects using products from the new Holiday Mini.  In fact, we'll make these three cards:



It might be a little hard to tell, but the "spooky" stamp is actually embossed with our Iridescent Ice Embossing powder, and it's just glitterly and lovely.  :)  I got the idea for the Halloween card from Michelle Pollard.  The snowman card was inspired by one made by Kristin Kortonick.  Talented ladies, both!  The last is one of my own design.

Here's a little more information on tonight's class:
September 10, 2015 (Thursday) 6-8 PM – Holiday Mini Card Class (Date 1 of 2)
Description: Make 3 unique cards using brand new stamp sets from the 2015 Holiday Mini Catalog.  (Items available to purchase September 1, 2015-January 4, 2016.)  Try before you buy!  You will be taught everything you need to know for this event, so no prior knowledge of card creation is necessary.
Fee: $25 minimum catalog order to make 3 special projects
Bring:
  • REQUIRED: Your preferred adhesive (Tombo Liquid Glue is best and may be purchased at catalog price at class.)
  • RECOMMENDED:
    • Clear-mount blocks
    • Personal cutter and bone folder
    • Paper snips/scissors
    • A friend new to me and to stamping!
  • For every one of the above items you bring to class, you'll get 1 ticket in a raffle drawing to be held during class for a free gift. If you bring a friend new to me and my classes, you get 10 tickets in the pot! Sign up for a workshop equaling at least $150 in sales from August-October 2015, and you'll get another 10 tickets in another drawing to be held at the end of October for a free stamp set!

If you can't make tonight's class, I'll be having another (with the same three cards).  Here's the info on it:
September 15, 2015 (Tuesday) 6-8 PM – Holiday Mini Card Class (Date 2 of 2)
Description: Make 3 unique cards using brand new stamp sets from the 2015 Holiday Mini Catalog.  (Items available to purchase September 1, 2015-January 4, 2016.)  Try before you buy!  You will be taught everything you need to know for this event, so no prior knowledge of card creation is necessary.
Fee: $25 minimum catalog order to make 3 special projects
Bring:
  • REQUIRED: Your preferred adhesive (Tombo Liquid Glue is best and may be purchased at catalog price at class.)
  • RECOMMENDED:
    • Clear-mount blocks
    • Personal cutter and bone folder
    • Paper snips/scissors
    • A friend new to me and to stamping!
  • For every one of the above items you bring to class, you'll get 1 ticket in a raffle drawing to be held during class for a free gift. If you bring a friend new to me and my classes, you get 10 tickets in the pot! Sign up for a workshop equaling at least $150 in sales from August-October 2015, and you'll get another 10 tickets in another drawing to be held at the end of October for a free stamp set!

I just love the new Holiday Mini Catalog, and can't stop playing with the products from it.  Here is what I've managed to make so far, just playing around:


Except for the intricate card in the bottom right corner (inspired by a card Sylvette Harvey made), these are my own creations.  I plan on keeping up the craftiness in the next few days, and hope to have more to share with you.  You'll probably see more of these cards in the some of the blogs of the near future, with some more explanation on products used and how to achieve the same look.  If you can't wait that long, contact me to get a closer picture, and instructions on how to create.

Happy Stamping!
Misty

No comments:

Post a Comment