Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Whew!

Whew! Time sure does fly, especially when you don't want it to!

Sorry I've been AWOL for the past 3 months, but it was time I needed to take for myself and my family. Several things did get straightened and resolved, which was great. :) I now am officially working from home, at my Stampin' Up! business. I'm also doing some long overdue deep cleaning and decluttering of my house, in order to have more time to dedicate to creating and playing with Stampin' Up!'s endless possibilities with their products. Yay! I am officially working at my dream job!!!!

I don't currently have any class offerings for September, but hope to plan out several dates in October for some Stampin' Up! fun. If you're wanting to have a workshop (at your house or mine), that's still a possibility for September, so just let me know.

Off to some fun eye candy of a few cards I've been working on over the summer. These pictures are of the 4 projects we made at a heat embossing class I held. Want to try them? Give me a call or an email, and we'll set up a new class for you to attend.


Ok, super simple, and only one color on this project....but you can INDEED stamp on candles using the Stampin' Up! heat embossing tool (p159 of the 2012-2013 Idea Book & Catalog; #129053). Want to learn how? Call me!




This card I made using the Bordering on Romance stamp set (p120; #125480). The outline of all the flowers we learned how to emboss with black embossing powder (p159; #109133). We then colored in the flowers with the Stampin' Up! Many Marvelous Markers (p157; #119806), though we could have used Aqua painters (p178; #103954), Blender Pens (p178; #102845), Watercolor Crayons (p157), or Watercolor Pencils (p157; #101879) instead. Embossing an outlined stamped image like this is fun, because it automatically creates a border for you to use when you are using the Aqua painters or the Blender pens. You get smooth, even "painting" effects every time. Also used on the card were the new Labels Collection Framelits that Stampin' Up! is offering in conjunction with Sizzix (p191; #125598). These new framelits are so fun to use, and each set can be used as a border or "tag" type of situation, like I did, or with some of Stampin' Up!'s exclusive coordinating stamp sets that match with different sizes of the framelits just perfectly. How fun!

This one turned out a little differently in actual creation during the class, but I couldn't find the example card! What we did was use the Mixed Bunch stamp set (p94, #125535) to stamp in retired color Concord Crush all over the front of our card base. We did random stamping, with no overlaps. Then, on the one stamp you do see overlapped in the top left corner, we actually stamped on scrap paper, in retired Pear Pizazz color. But first, we inked up the stamp in Versamark ink (p159, #102283), then stamped it directly onto the Pear Pizazz ink pad. What I was showing on this card is how if you have an ink color, but not the embossing powder in a color you want, you can actually create the effect that you used a colored embossing powder by adding Versamark and clear embossing powder (p159, #109130). We then used the small circle center from the Mixed Bunch stamp set, stamped it in Concord Crush, and then layered it on top of the Pear Pizazz flower we punched out with the Blossom Punch (p185, #125603). These were both attached with Stampin' Dimensionals (p177, #104430), and a jewel rhinestone was added to the center (p175, #119246). It ended up looking fabulous in person.


This card was my favorite. In this card example, I was setting out to show my class attendees that you can use a technique called emboss resist with clear embossing powder (p159, #109130). Want to learn how? Contact me! Other items we used: retired Ticket corner punch, retired Simple Friendship stamp set, Pacific Point ink, sponge (p179, #101610).

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Want to learn how to make these or other fabulous cards, paper crafts, or fabric crafts? Email me today at mistystamping@yahoo.com.

Happy Stamping!
Misty



No comments:

Post a Comment